Gila Wilderness Trunk
Part I - 1,833 KB
Part II - 2,252 KB
- Materials Checklist
- Unit Overview
Part III - 1,719 KB
- Background Information, Introducing Wilderness, Gila Wilderness Trunk
- Wilderness: What is Wilderness?
- Why Wilderness?
- Wilderness: A Brief History
- The National Wilderness Preservation System
- Related Laws Affecting Wilderness Management
- Land Classifications Related To Wilderness
- The Wilderness Act
Part IV - 2573 KB
- Introduction, "What and Where is Wilderness?"
- Introducing Wilderness
- Visions of the Wild
- What's in a Name?
- Where Are They? National Wilderness Preservation System
- Early Messages/ Maps Without Words
- Citizen Action
Part V - 1,705 KB
- Basic Components, "Why Wilderness?"
- The Bare Bones
- Compare and Contrast
- Teacher Reference Sheet
- Knowing the Niche
- Which Niche?
- Flower Diversity
- Riparian Retreat
- Grandfather Fire
- Fire's Many Roles in Ecology
Part VI - 3,574 KB
Impacts, "What Affects Wilderness?"
- Camp NiZhona in the Wilderness
- Apple Experiment Part I
- Leave No Trace Skills Course
- Planning an Awesome Adventure
- Apple Experiment, Part II
- Wild Management
Part VII - 3,376 KB
Conclusion "That's Wilderness"
- The Last Solitude
- Reflections/What You've Learned
- History of the Gila Wilderness
- Pre/Post Wilderness Education Test & Test Key
- Biodiversity Background Information
Student Essays: Essential Question
- Using Bloom's Taxonomy for Worksheet Construction
- Sample Student Journal Entries
- Jigsaw Cooperative Structures
- Hints for Using Simulated Field Trips
- Essay Formats and Optional Writing Rubrics
- The Tool You Need for Assessing
- Additional References and Resources